Monday 23 January 2012

FLAPJACKS

PROJECT #4
I am now on a flapjack quest!! 
I can never seem to get the balance quite right and I know I over baked these slightly.
The recipe I used had dried fruit in which made a lovely addition to the oats but I prefer them a little bit chewy rather than crunchy. I will definitely be trying these again and taking them out of the oven and leaving to firm up a little next time. 



  • 175g butter
  • 175g oats
  • 75g brown sugar
  • 2 large heaped tbsp golden syrup
  • 150g sultanas
Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together in a pan on a low heat.
Take the pan off the heat and stir in the oats and sultanas. 
Grease a square tin or dish with butter and put the mixture into the tin pushing it to the edges.
Bake for 30 mins at 140 degrees C until its golden brown.
Leave the flapjacks to cool slightly and then mark them into slices with a sharp knife.
Once it has cooled properly cut the flapjacks into squares.



No comments:

Post a Comment