Sunday 29 January 2012

CLOOTIE DUMPLING

PROJECT #5

This is a traditional Scottish recipe which we had for pudding on Burn's night.
Here's a link to the recipe which I used http://www.scottishrecipes.co.uk/clootiedumpling.htm

It feels a little strange when you make as you need to put a large sheet of muslin in boiling water and then spread it out on the worktop you then dredge it with flour and push the flour into the cloth with long sweeps. This creates the barrier to encase the dumpling in.
The dumpling does still get a bit wet during the cooking process so I dried it out in a hot oven for 10-20minutes as recommended in another recipe for clootie dumpling.

I was so busy that I forgot to take any photos of the cooking process or the finished dumpling. There are some left overs in the fridge which I'll take a snap of later!

No comments:

Post a Comment