Tuesday 11 October 2011

JUNGLE BIRTHDAY CAKE



I started off with the animals on this cake and had a go at a different variety each evening over several days.
I did the snakes first as they were the easiest, then hippos, monkeys, lions and cheetahs.



The cake was made of two tiers of maderia crumb coated in buttercream and covered with green sugar paste. To add a bit more detail to the cake I made some jungle trees and a waterfall with rocks to border it a bit. To bring the joins together I made some grass by pushing the sugarpaste through a grass effect nozzle. I am sure a garlic press would work better here but mine was broken!! 
There were plenty of animals left to make a cupcake tower for the family birthday party the day after too. 
My (not so) little man was really pleased with his cake so it made it more than worthwhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment