Monday 25 October 2010

ELF CLOGS

A few weeks ago I got this idea from the MSE forum. Elf clogs - how cute!! Straight away I found out my stash of felt and made up a pair in green with red embroidery silk for the blanket stitch around the edges.
I raided the button tin to find some tiny red buttons to sew onto the front, but they were still missing something.
After a quick search on ebay I found the perfect little bells in silver and gold which I'm going to sew on the end of the shoe.
I want to make a few pairs in a variety of Christmassy colours so I've been busy on some white and green ones (which I love!).
I can't believe I'm already making Christmas decorations but I suppose it'll be here before we know it.
Here's the link to the elf shoe pattern if you fancy having a go http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2007/11/ears-to-your-el.html

Here they are, I still haven't got around to sewing the bells on yet though!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment