Wednesday 6 October 2010

CHILDS APRON

With my sons 3rd birthday fast approaching I decided I wanted something home-made to go with all the plastic fantastic toys he'll be getting this year. He loves his little kitchen and is often asking for a bib (by which he means apron!) when he's pretending to knock up his dishes of pancakes and pasta.
I ordered some lovely fabric from fabric rehab which I thought would be perfect. I was slightly nervous about getting started as I went it alone with this make. Up to now I've been following patterns religiously so I was pleased with the outcome.

My sewing machine decided it preferred to chew up the fabric rather than sew it whilst I was attaching the straps so I ended up stitching that part by hand. I made a matching tea towel to go with it and phew it's all ready to wrap. I hope it fits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment